LLT 841 Spring 2011

Welcome to LLT 841 section 001 in Spring 2011 at Michigan State University!

This blog is our platform to reflect and share ideas.

Friday, April 1, 2011

nobi's reflection on twitter

I have a cell phone, but this is prepaid. So every time I text, it charges me. Also, it is not connected to the Internet. So without a cell phone, it was impossible to follow others or tweet. All I could do was to check the site when I am available to use my computer (a couple times a day), and read all the comments posted. And in most cases, the topics are already outdated. So I think a cell phone is indispensable to fully enjoy twitter.

Do I like it? I would say not yet. If I have a cell phone, maybe. But I will probably feel distracting to see messages come in to my cell phone frequently.

If I could tweet during the class time, I feel that I am not concentrating on the class. If the teacher is talking, I should not tweet. If I have some free time after finishing an activity, maybe. But in order to use it for L2 classroom, I think students need to have a certain amount of time set only for tweeting. Then, we can use it like chatting. Although, because there are so many people logging on the same page at the same time, it may be difficult to follow for some of them who are slow in typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment