I guess you all noticed that I tweeted a lot during AAAL. My phone is not a smartphone but I could text my messages to 40404 without having to be connected to the Internet. I actually enjoyed tweeting (otherwise I would just have tweeted less) but I somehow felt embarrassed to tweet during certain talks because the audience was focusing a lot on what the speaker was saying and it looked like i was texted friends because i was bored. It was also nice to receive a few tweets from you guys although I guess that using a smartphone would have made the whole tweeting experience better. Instead I sometimes used my laptop and went to the twitter website to see if you had updated your tweets.
I think that tweeter could be a good tool to used in a language classroom. Students could be asked to tweet a certain amount of times during the day forcing them to produce (written) output. In case the students are comfortable with that, the teacher could also give a lot of recasts, which would be very beneficial for the students.
No comments:
Post a Comment