LLT 841 Spring 2011

Welcome to LLT 841 section 001 in Spring 2011 at Michigan State University!

This blog is our platform to reflect and share ideas.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Tweet, tweet!

I do not like the Twitter, man.
I do not like it, Sam I am.
I will not, shall not use it much.
I will not use it...on the bus?

I think my main issue with Twitter is that I was desperately trying to avoid having ONE MORE thing to distract me throughout the day. Since I haven't used it much, there are also things that take some getting used to, like the # signs and the @ and all of that good stuff. I don't know, maybe I'm just stuck in my Facebook Status ways.
I do see Twitter's value as a communication tool, and could see it being useful for a language classroom. I mean, I have to "gently remind" my class nearly every day ("NICHT TEXTEN!!!") that they should be focusing on what we're doing, and not on their phones. So why not integrate their phones into what we're doing? I could take polls, have them write quick examples of whatever grammar structure we're working on, etc.

3 comments:

Senta said...

And the situation you described, is why I think it would be great. You gotta just work with it rather than against it.

Mica said...

I like the idea of tweeting some examples of what students are working on in class. It is always difficult to find a quick way to show student examples and examples that are easy to read.

*Theresa* said...

I agree with you on the facebook status - i, too, am a facebook person much more than a twitter one ;)

Post a Comment