LLT 841 Spring 2011

Welcome to LLT 841 section 001 in Spring 2011 at Michigan State University!

This blog is our platform to reflect and share ideas.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Tweeting

I have found I am not very fond of Twitter. It is hard for me to keep track of conversations. I got the idea of hash tags but it still was just not visually salient for me. However, it does seem to work well with continuous comments when everyone is on there at the same time. For a language classroom, it would be interesting to give students a very general topic, one in which they could make more specific ideas. Every time a student had a new specific idea, they would have to create a hash tag for it. Students would have to respond to their ideas using the hash tag for that idea. The student with the original idea would then respond back to them. It would be a way of creating discussions.

2 comments:

Senta said...

The hash tags help because you can search by that tag and ignore all other tweets.

Solène said...

I agree with you Mica, I also think that twitter makes it difficult to keep track of conversations. Maybe on a smartphone it is easier, but I still think that facebook statuses (and comments on them) are easier to follow.

Senta: I always used the hash tags #LLT841 when i twitted from AAAL but then it makes me use 7 characters....which sucks.

Post a Comment