I did enjoy the tweeting activity, which really surprised me. I think I liked it so much because I had it on my phone, and it was nice to be able to have another little distraction when I was bored. I’m not sure I would have liked the activity as much had I been tweeting on the computer instead. I liked hearing about what was going on at AAL, but I wish that there were more people tweeting. I think if we were all at the conference and using twitter consistently, it would have been much more interesting.
In a language class, I think twitter could be used as a way for the students to communicate easily when not in class. They could talk about assignments and whatnot or just get extra practice speaking. The only problem is that students would have to be dedicated enough to check it during their free time (or have it set up so that it sends messages to their mobile device).
2 comments:
Although now that I think about it a little more, it's a huge pain to type in any language on my phone other than English... the spell check always tries to correct my Spanish to English words...
Le Anne, thanks for twitting back to me while i was in AAAL. It almost felt like u were there too :-)
Post a Comment