LLT 841 Spring 2011
Welcome to LLT 841 section 001 in Spring 2011 at Michigan State University!
This blog is our platform to reflect and share ideas.
This blog is our platform to reflect and share ideas.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Speech/Spelling
I am not quite sure how this would work but it is just an idea. I am thinking of a program that would recognize the word that a person utters and put it in written form. Of course, it might not spell it correctly because it would be based on the way the person pronounced the word. The program would then give suggestions of words that could be similar to that word with the corresponding meanings. The person could then see if one of the words matched their intended word. They could also click on the words to hear the pronunciation of each word. I want to try make connections between speech and spelling.
1 comment:
There are several programs that can already do most of what you are talking about. These are called text-to-speech programs or speech-to-text. It often requires some training of the program to be able to work with your voice. I have a friend who listens to all her research articles as mp3s on her way to work.
Post a Comment